Welcome, Suzuki Parents!
Find class notes, dates, links, resources, videos, and more!
Join the 100-Day Practice Challenge!
How would you like to motivate your kids to get a trophy AND eliminate complaining about practicing at your house? Your kids will literally be begging to practice everyday.
What Students Do:
Practice the length of your lesson EVERY DAY for 100 days in a row! Your teacher may make a different recommendation for your practice time, especially if you are age 3-5.
What Students Get:
Students get a trophy, certificate, great habits, excellent lessons, faster and better progress than ever before.
What Parents Get:
Parents get a cool prize, major street cred, and no more fighting about practicing. It really does work!
What is Practice?:
“Practice” is a very wide term during the 100-Day Practice Challenge. Download our practice log (you’ll get one at your in-person lesson) to see all the many different music experiences that qualify as practice. Out of town for spring break? No problem, we’ve got lots of ways to keep up your practicing for 100 days.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!! WE BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!
Important Dates 2020-2021
- November 15: Fall Recital
- 3:15-3:45 – Advanced students ages 11+
- 4:00-4:30 – All instruments, all ages
- 4:45-5:15 – All instruments, all ages
- 5:30-6:00 – Strings only, all ages
- November 24-29: No Lessons -Thanksgiving
- December 12: Last day of fall lessons
- December 13-19: Make-Up Lesson Week
- December 20-January 2: No Lessons or classes – Winter Break
- January 3: Private lessons and Suzuki Group Classes resume
- January 11-15: Music Together and Rhythm Kids begin
- February 20: Piano Masterclass
- February 28: Winter Recital
- March 15-19: Winter group classes end
- March 21-27: No lessons or classes – Spring Break
- March 29-April 3: Spring group classes begin
- May 2: Spring Recital
- May 29: Last day of spring lessons
- May 30-June 5: Make-Up Lesson Week
- June 5: Spring group classes end
- June 6: Summer lessons begin
Music Together & Rhythm Kids
- Fall Class: September 7-November 6, 2020
- Fall Extension: November 11-25, 2020
- Jingle Jam: December 2-16, 2020
- Winter Class: January 11-March 19, 2021
- Spring Class: March 29-June 5, 2021
Suzuki Parent Orientation
Normally we do an in-person parent orientation but this year we’ve gone virtual.
Please watch all the videos so you know what to expect in Suzuki lessons at Mattix Music Studio.
Suzuki Practice Videos
Get the most out of our slowed down practice videos for Suzuki piano and violin books.
More books will be added as soon as we can record them, so check in regularly!
During practice time and copy
In place of a TV show or movie
In the background during bedtime or bath time
Parents as Partners: resources and videos for Suzuki parents Piano Tuners: Adam Przybyla, AP Pianoworks, 773-426-5087, firstname.lastname@example.org Piano rentals and sales: Steinway Piano Gallery, 630-325-0500, Andree Hancock email@example.com Strings rentals, repairs and sales: Austin’s Violin Shop, 630-466-7562, firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents as Partners: resources and videos for Suzuki parents
Adam Przybyla, AP Pianoworks, 773-426-5087, email@example.com
Piano rentals and sales:
Steinway Piano Gallery, 630-325-0500, Andree Hancock firstname.lastname@example.org
Strings rentals, repairs and sales:
Austin’s Violin Shop, 630-466-7562, email@example.com