2018 Summer Studio Policy
Students will submit full payment for the six-lesson package and six lesson time requests online. Mattix Music will confirm the lesson time requests once payment is confirmed. Teacher and time preferences will be put at top priority and lesson times are first-come, first-served. If needed, Mattix Music staff will assist the student in renting or purchasing an instrument.
New students will create a username and password in order to log into our database. Once logged in, students may register for lessons and classes and make payments on their account.
Students will purchase the six-lesson package for a flat rate. The student may not register for fewer lessons, but he or she may add extra lessons at any time. Mattix Music Studio accepts credit card, ACH or check payments and lessons must be pre-paid in order to reserve your lesson times.
Private lessons will take place between June 11 and August 18, 2018. Refunds for summer lesson tuition are offered until June 11, 2018. Students are responsible for signing up for six lesson times online or by contacting Mattix Music Studio’s office staff. No make-ups for summer lessons will be given or credited past August 18, 2018.
A bank fee of $25 will be assessed for any returned check.
Music books are not included in the tuition.
Students may reschedule one lesson during the summer once the initial six lesson times have been booked. Students must give the teacher at least 24 hours notice in advance in order to reschedule a lesson. Please contact your teacher directly to cancel a lesson, especially a lesson cancelled on short notice.
Piano Pass tuition is refundable until June 11, 2018. Class visits are unlimited and music books are sold separately.
Reserve your spot in classes by logging into your customer account and selecting whatever class times work for your schedule. Use our app “Wellness Living” for convenient mobile booking. Only four students may attend any class and wait lists will be available.
Class rosters close one hour before the start of class. Students must cancel their class visit two hours or more before the start of class or they will incur a $20 late cancellation fee, automatically charged to the credit card on file.
Music Together summer class tuition is refundable until June 11th, 2018. We encourage you to stay in your own class time as much as possible, but we offer unlimited make-ups at other class times in each session. Make-ups do not extend past the individual session and missed classes are not refundable unless the teacher cancels.
2017-2018 School Year Studio Policy
Commitments of the teacher
- I will treat both parent and student with respect.
- I will prepare for each lesson.
- I will make you aware of competitions and performing opportunities.
- I will do my best to help you grow as a musician and as a person.
- I will provide a comfortable, safe and clean atmosphere for lessons.
- I will be a role model for the students, showing professionalism and expertise.
Commitments of the student
- I will wash my hands before each lesson.
- I will come to each lesson with a good attitude and an eagerness to learn.
- I will stay focused on learning music during my lesson.
- I will listen to my teacher’s coaching and always try to improve my skills.
- I will practice as my teacher requests and even more when possible.
- I will perform in the regularly scheduled studio recitals unless my teacher recommends differently.
Commitments of the parent
- I will watch over my child’s daily practice time.
- I will bring my child to the lesson on time.
- I will provide a supportive atmosphere at home.
- I will keep my child’s instrument in good repair.
- Families may wait in your lesson classroom or in the foyer area inside the front of the church doors. No other room may be used, including the church nursery. Only water and baby formula are allowed inside the church. Please enjoy your snacks and beverages outside or in your car.
- We recommend parents attend at least the first month of lessons. As you attend your student’s lesson, please minimize distractions from siblings or technology. Plan on coming to the last five minutes of your lesson time to get your assignment from your teacher each week.
- Suzuki students are automatically enrolled in group classes. Monthly tuition includes group class fees. The group class schedule may be found at mattixmusic.com/suzukiparents.
- Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students: Mattix Music Studio admits and does not discriminate students of any race, color, gender, orientation, national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges and activities made available to students.
- Safety: We request that you escort your student under age 10 to their lesson and then again escort them back to your car when the lesson is over. Church doors will remain locked at all times. Ring the doorbell to be let in by your teacher.
- Lessons must be cancelled by 10:00am on the day of the lesson to qualify for a make-up class. Lesson cancellations are rescheduled throughout the week. Please notify your teacher directly with cancellations.
- If the student cancels after 10:00am, no make-up class or refund are offered.
- No refunds, credits or make-ups are issued for group class absences.
- One excused absence may be made up in group make-up classes the last week of each semester. Students may choose one class time to attend. Make-up class dates will be announced at the beginning of each semester and posted on the online calendar.
- If the student is tardy to a lesson, the teacher is not obligated to make the time up at that lesson or a later date.
- If the teacher is unable to attend a lesson, the parent will be notified as soon as possible and the lesson will be promptly rescheduled at a time convenient for the student.
- Some teachers offer the opportunity to receive a lesson via Skype or FaceTime if the student is unable to be present due to sickness or vacation. Ask your teacher if this is an option for you.
- If school is cancelled due to severe weather, for your safety, lessons are generally cancelled in-person, but will be offered via Skype or FaceTime, if possible. Notification of changes will be sent by email or text as early in the day as possible. Announcements will also be posted at www.mattixmusic.com.
- In order to withdraw from lessons, parents must give written notice 30 days prior to the last scheduled lesson. Email email@example.com with your written notice. Please note that no refunds are given during the 30-day notification period.
- Individual teachers may allow more or fewer make-up lessons. Please check with your teacher about his or her personal attendance and cancellation policy.
- In order to protect teachers and other students from contagious diseases, we request that students who do not attend lessons if they have had a fever within 24 hours. Teachers reserve the right to send home students who are ill or appear to be suffering from illness.
- During the school year (September through May), we will have thirty-four lessons. To facilitate household budgeting, the total for all thirty-four lessons will be evenly divided between the nine months of lessons. Note that the monthly rate stays the same regardless of the number of weeks in each month.
- At your first lesson, you will sign a contract for automatic monthly credit or debit card payments upon booking lessons. The automatic charge will be deducted from your account on the 24th of the Previous Month, which will pay for the upcoming month. For example: The automatic charge will happen on September 24, to pay for October lessons. The automatic charge will happen on October 24, to pay for November lessons. If we see that no payment has occurred by the 1st of the month, then lessons will be cancelled that month, until a payment has been made. Your teacher will be notified of any cancelled lesson due to non-payment. In addition, failure to pay your tuition may result in your lesson time being open for other or new students to reserve.
- Only credit or debit cards are accepted for monthly contract payments. Please read your online contract for further details about our financial policy.
- A $40 annual enrollment fee for each child will be added to your first tuition payment.
- To change or add a credit/debit card, sign in to your online student account and click on Billing Information. The student login may be found in the top menu of mattixmusic.com.
- No refunds will be issued for student cancellations, including during the 30-day period after written lesson termination notice is received. Unscheduled or unattended make-up lessons/classes are not scheduled or credited past the last day of each semester.
- You may receive a $15 discount if you pre-pay for the semester with a check. A bank fee of $25 will be assessed for any returned check.
- Student music books are not included in the tuition.
- A student may borrow a music book for up to two weeks. If not returned, you will be charged for the replacement value of the book.