2021 Summer Studio Policy
Students will submit full payment for the six-lesson package and book six lessons. If needed, Mattix Music staff will assist the student in renting or purchasing an instrument.
New students will create a username and password in order to log into our database. Once logged in, students may register for lessons and classes and make payments on their account.
Students will purchase the six-lesson package for a flat rate. The student may not register for fewer lessons, but he or she may add extra lessons at any time. Mattix Music Studio accepts credit card, ACH or check payments and lessons must be pre-paid in order to reserve your lesson times.
Private lessons will take place between June 6 and August 14, 2021. Refunds for summer lesson tuition are offered until June 6, 2021. Students are responsible for signing up for six lesson times online or by contacting Mattix Music Studio’s office staff. No make-ups or refunds for summer lessons will be given or credited past August 14, 2021.
A bank fee of $25 will be assessed for any returned check.
Music books are not included in the tuition.
Location & Health Precautions:
Families may choose lessons in-studio, in-home, virtual, or a combination of both. Teachers have the right to choose what they feel comfortable offering and lesson method may change depending on state and health official mandates. Your safety and health are our top priority. Please review our Safety & Health Protocol before attending an in-studio lesson.
Students may reschedule one lesson during the summer once the initial six lesson times have been booked. Students must give the teacher at least 24 hours notice in advance in order to reschedule a lesson. Lessons cancelled with less than 24-hours notice will not be rescheduled, refunded or made up at another time. Please contact our office or your teacher directly to cancel a lesson, especially a lesson cancelled on short notice.
Families may attend the same group class at a different class time, provided there is an available spot. If you would like to book a make-up class, please contact our office.
Group class tuition is refundable until June 6, 2021.
2020-2021 School Year Studio Policy
Commitments of the teacher
- I will treat both parent and student with respect.
- I will prepare for each lesson.
- I will make you aware of competitions and performing opportunities.
- I will do my best to help you grow as a musician and as a person.
- I will provide a comfortable, safe and clean atmosphere for lessons.
- I will be a role model for the students, showing professionalism and expertise.
Commitments of the student
- I will wash my hands before each lesson.
- I will come to each lesson with a good attitude and an eagerness to learn.
- I will stay focused on learning music during my lesson.
- I will listen to my teacher’s coaching and always try to improve my skills.
- I will practice as my teacher requests and even more when possible.
- I will perform in the regularly scheduled studio recitals unless my teacher recommends differently.
Commitments of the parent
- I will watch over my child’s daily practice time.
- I will bring my child to the lesson on time.
- I will provide a supportive atmosphere at home.
- I will keep my child’s instrument in good repair.
- Caregivers must stay in their child’s lesson room. At this time, no siblings or additional family members are invited to join the lesson with the exception of non-mobile infants contained in a car seat. Only water and baby formula are allowed inside the church. Please enjoy your snacks and beverages outside or in your car.
- We recommend parents attend at least the first month of lessons. As you attend your student’s lesson, please focus on the lesson and put away your phone. Plan on coming to the last five minutes of your lesson time at least to get your assignment from your teacher each week.
- Suzuki students are automatically enrolled in group classes. Monthly tuition includes group class fees. The group class schedule may be found at mattixmusic.com/suzukiparents.
- Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students: Mattix Music Studio admits and does not discriminate students of any race, color, gender, orientation, national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges and activities made available to students.
- Safety: We request that you escort your student under age 10 to their lesson and then again escort them back to your car when the lesson is over. Church doors will remain locked at all times. Ring the doorbell to be let in by your teacher.
- Lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to qualify for a make-up class. Please notify your teacher directly with cancellations.
- If the student cancels after the deadline, no make-up class or refund are offered.
- No refunds, credits or make-ups are issued for group class absences.
- One excused absence may be made up the last week of each semester at your regularly scheduled lesson time.
- If the student is tardy to a lesson, the teacher is not obligated to make the time up at that lesson or a later date.
- If the teacher is unable to attend a lesson, the parent will be notified as soon as possible and the lesson will be promptly rescheduled at a time convenient for the student.
- All of our teachers offer the opportunity to receive a lesson via Zoom or FaceTime if the student is unable to be present due to sickness or travel.
- If school is cancelled due to severe weather, for your safety, lessons are generally cancelled in-person, but will be offered via Zoom or FaceTime. Notification of changes will be sent by email or text as early in the day as possible. Announcements will also be posted at www.mattixmusic.com.
- In order to withdraw from lessons, parents must give written notice 30 days prior to the last scheduled lesson. Email email@example.com with your written notice. Please note that no refunds are given during the 30-day notification period.
- Individual teachers may allow more or fewer make-up lessons. Please check with your teacher about his or her personal attendance and cancellation policy.
- In order to protect teachers and other students from contagious diseases, we request that students who do not attend lessons if they have had a fever within 72 hours. Teachers reserve the right to send home students who are ill or appear to be suffering from illness. If you’re feeling alright but have recently had a fever, ask for a virtual lesson instead of in-person.
- During the school year (September through May), we will have thirty-four lessons. To facilitate household budgeting, the total for all thirty-four lessons will be evenly divided between the nine months of lessons. Note that the monthly rate stays the same regardless of the number of weeks in each month.
- You will agree to a contract for automatic monthly ACH payments upon booking lessons. The automatic charge will be deducted from your account, which will pay for the upcoming month. For example: The automatic charge will happen on September 24, to pay for October lessons. The automatic charge will happen on October 24, to pay for November lessons. If we see that no payment has occurred by the 1st of the month, then lessons will be cancelled that month, until a payment has been made. Your teacher will be notified of any cancelled lesson due to non-payment. In addition, failure to pay your tuition may result in your lesson time being open for other or new students to reserve.
- ACH payments are preferred for monthly contracts. Please read your online contract for further details about our financial policy.
- If you would like to pay for the entire school year up front by check, you will receive a 3% discount. A check is due to Mattix Music Studio by your first lesson.
- A $50 annual enrollment fee for each child will be added to your first tuition payment with a maximum of $100 per family.
- To change or add an ACH account, sign in to your online student account and click on My Profile, Billing. The student login may be found in the top menu of mattixmusic.com/login.
- No refunds will be issued for student cancellations, including during the 30-day period after written lesson termination notice is received. Unscheduled or unattended make-up lessons/classes are not scheduled or credited past the last day of each semester.
- A bank fee of $25 will be assessed for any returned check.
- Student music books are not included in the tuition.
- Suzuki tuition includes Group Class fees and may not be separated.
- A student may borrow a music book for up to two weeks. If not returned, you will be charged for the replacement value of the book.
Private Lesson Policy
- Suzuki parents are expected to attend all lessons, orientation meetings, and any requested observations.
- Suzuki parents are required take diligent notes of the student’s lesson in provided practice binder.
- Students are required listen to recordings of their Suzuki repertoire daily. We recommend 1-2 hours per day, with a combination of active and passive listening.
- In the Suzuki Method, parents are respected as the “home teacher.” Parents are expected to help the student practice and take an equal part in their education from the beginning.
- Suzuki parents should give their full attention to the lesson. Please refrain from using your cell phone except to take pictures and videos of lesson material.
Suzuki Group Class Policy
- Students will be placed in a regular group class time. If another section of your class has availability, you may switch class times. Use our app “Wellness Living Achieve” for convenient mobile booking.
- A limit of 10 students may attend any class and wait list of 2 will be available.
- If you are on a wait list and a spot becomes available, you will be asked to confirm via text and email before being added to a class roster.
- Most Suzuki Group Classes have mandatory parent attendance, especially in virtual classes. Plan on being your child’s “assistant” during class.
- Suzuki tuition includes Group Class fees and may not be separated.
Piano Play Attendance Policy
- Excused absences are those which are cancelled 24 hours in advance. You may make up any excused absence as long as there is room in another class time during the semester. Class sizes may not exceed three students. Because we may have families wanting to make up classes, please notify us of cancellations as early as possible.
- Make-ups or excused absences will not be refunded and do no roll over into the next semester.
- Unexcused absences are those which are cancelled with fewer than 24 hours notice or no-shows the day of the class. Unexcused absences may not be refunded or made up at another time.
- If a student is unable to work independently or is a disruption to the others, a caregiver may be asked to attend class with them.
- The severe weather polices above apply to Piano Play classes.
- Tuition is fully refundable until the start of a semester. After class has begun, a partial refund will be offered to cover your music books, materials, and any classes you have been enrolled in.