Music Together® Class Policy
- Tuition for Music Together is based on each family unit. Families should not share passwords, access codes or online content with anyone else not living under the same roof.
- Part of your tuition contains a non-refundable $50 enrollment fee. We can refund tuition for unused classes but we cannot refund the $50 fee once you take home your materials.
- Adults must attend every class with their children and no child may be unattended at any time.
- Health requirements may change at any time in accordance with CDC and local government regulations.
- In the event of severe weather, class will be held on Zoom for the day.
- We encourage you to put away your cell phone so you can enjoy an immersive musical experience with your child. If you’d like to take pictures, a good time is during the instrument playalong. Otherwise, please silence your cell phone and put it out of your way.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in our classroom, other than water and bottles for babies.
- Breastfeeding and bottle feeding of infants during class is welcome and fully supported by all of our staff.
- For your safety, running, rough housing, and behavior or sounds that are distracting or compromise the learning environment of class are not allowed. If you child has problems with running or distracting behavior, please go outside the room to have a chat with your child to remind him or her of the rules, then come in and try again. Your teacher is trained on how to help children manage their behavior in class so please feel free to discuss concerns or an action plan with your teacher regularly.
- Mattix Music Inc. is not responsible for loss or damage to your belongings.
- Teachers are subject to change based on availability and sickness.
- Students are allowed unlimited make-up classes within each class term. Students cannot attend more classes than the session total, which is typically 10 in the school year and 6 in the summer.
- If you would like to schedule a make-up class, please email our office at email@example.com to arrange a make-up class.
- Classes that are not made up or missed in each session do not roll over into the next session.
- Students may attend with multiple caregivers, but be considerate of how full your class is and how many people are regularly attending.
- If a child has a fever or obvious signs of sickness (coughing, runny nose, etc.), please stay home and attend a make-up class when your family is well. If a student attends who is clearly sick and contagious, teachers may ask you to leave.
- Because we have children who are too young to be fully vaccinated or children who are immunocompromised, please do not bring any family member who may be infected or carrying a communicable disease.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Mattix Music Inc. has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending music classes could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By enrolling in classes, you acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that your child(ren) and you may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending music classes and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. You understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Mattix Music Inc. may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Mattix Music Inc. employees, volunteers, and class participants and their families.
You voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that you or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at Mattix Music Inc. or participation in music classes (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, you hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Mattix Music Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. You understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Mattix Music Inc., its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any music class.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability & Photo Release
You, student/parent/guardian, for and in consideration of the payment for music lessons, classes and activities, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, do hereby release and forever discharge Mattix Music Inc., their agents, independent contractors, employees, successors and assigns, and their respective heirs, personal representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns, and any and all persons, firms or corporations liable or who might be claimed to be liable, whether or not herein named, none of whom admit any liability to the undersigned, but all expressly denying liability, from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action or suits of any kind or nature whatsoever, which you now have or may hereafter have, arising out of or in any way relating to any and all injuries and damages of any and every kind, to both person and property, and also any and all injuries and damages that may develop in the future, as a result of or in any way relating to the following: music lessons, classes and activities, including exposure to contagious disease due to teacher-to-student proximity or student-to-student proximity. It is understood and agreed that enrollment in class with payment is made and received in full and complete settlement and satisfaction the causes of action, claims and demands mentioned herein; that this Release contains the entire agreement between the parties; and that the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not merely a recital. Furthermore, this Release shall be binding upon the undersigned, and respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns. This Release shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. This Release has been read and fully understood by the undersigned and has been explained to me and goes into effect upon the submission of this form.
You grant to Mattix Music Inc., its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me, my family members, and my property in connection with music lessons and classes. You authorize Mattix Music Inc., its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. You agree that Mattix Music Inc. may use such photographs of me without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content. Mattix Music Inc. may use pictures of students to post on social media but never tags its students or mentions the name of any family members without explicit written permission.
This Release goes into effect upon registration for classes and lessons.