Music Together® Class Policy
- Shoes and belongings are left outside of the room to keep the classroom clean and free of distractions and obstacles.
- We encourage you to put away your cell phone so you can enjoy an immersive musical experience with your child. If you’d like to take pictures, a good time is during the instrument playalong. Otherwise, please silence your cell phone and put it out of your way.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in our classroom, other than water and bottles for babies.
- Breastfeeding during class is welcome and fully supported by all of our staff.
- For your safety, running, rough housing, and behavior or sounds that are distracting or compromise the learning environment of class are not allowed. If you child has problems with running or distracting behavior, please go outside the room to have a chat with your child to remind him or her of the rules, then come in and try again. Your teacher is trained on how to help children manage their behavior in class so please feel free to discuss concerns or an action plan with your teacher regularly.
- Mattix Music Studio is not responsible for loss or damage to your belongings.
- Teachers are subject to change based on availability and sickness.
- Students are allowed unlimited make-up classes within each class term. Students cannot attend more classes than the session total, which is typically 10 in the school year and 6 in the summer.
- If you would like to schedule a make-up class, please fill out our make-up scheduler form no later than 12 hours before the start of your class. The form may be found at mattixmusic.com/mtmakeup.
- Classes that are not made up or missed in each session do not roll over into the next session.
- Visitors, friends, and family members are always welcome to come with you to Music Together classes.
- Students may attend with multiple caregivers, but be considerate of how full your class is and how many people are regularly attending.
- If a child has a fever or obvious signs of sickness (coughing, runny nose, etc.), please stay home and attend a make-up class when your family is well. If a student attends who is clearly sick and contagious, teachers may ask you to leave.
- Because we have children who are too young to be fully vaccinated or children who are immunocompromised, please do not bring any family member who may be infected or carrying a communicable disease. We recommend full vaccinations according to your family doctor and the CDC.
- We provide a “Slobber Bin” for instruments that have been touched with slobber or germs. If you suspect any sickness in your family, please put your instruments in the Slobber Bin so we can clean them after class.
- Students are enrolled in a Music Together membership between September through June, receiving three semesters of classes and music. Families will pay a flat rate of tuition, automatically charged each month.
- You are never charged for classes you will not receive. Typically students will receive 30 classes (10 x 3 semesters), which is divided into nine equal payments between September and May. The number of classes scheduled within any individual month will not impact your flat rate tuition.
- A 3% discount will be given if a family pays for the entire school year up front by check.
- Payment is due before the start time of class and materials will be given out only upon receiving payment in full.
- We sometimes must cancel a class due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances. In the event we cancel a class, enrollees will receive a full refund.
- If you must withdraw from a class, a full refund will be issued if you drop earlier than 5 days before the day of the first class meeting. If you drop within 5 days of the first day of your class, a refund will be issued, minus a cancellation fee of $20.00.
- If a student withdraws after the first class meeting, you will receive a partial refund. Once materials are opened and taken home, that portion of your tuition is not refundable.
- Refunds will not be issued after the second class of any session.
- Failure to attend a program or “no shows” will not be granted a refund.
- In the event of a caregiver bringing children from multiple families, each family represented needs to pay full tuition for their children.
- If class is cancelled due to severe weather, make-up classes will be offered to you or a class may be refunded.
- By registering for our classes, you agree to the terms of the liability and photo release below.
General Liability Release
I, student/parent/guardian, for and in consideration of the payment to me of music lessons, classes and activities, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, do hereby release and forever discharge Mattix Music, their agents, independent contractors, employees, successors and assigns, and their respective heirs, personal representatives, affiliates, successors and assigns, and any and all persons, firms or corporations liable or who might be claimed to be liable, whether or not herein named, none of whom admit any liability to the undersigned, but all expressly denying liability, from any and all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action or suits of any kind or nature whatsoever, which I now have or may hereafter have, arising out of or in any way relating to any and all injuries and damages of any and every kind, to both person and property, and also any and all injuries and damages that may develop in the future, as a result of or in any way relating to the following: music lessons, classes and activities.
It is understood and agreed that this payment is made and received in full and complete settlement and satisfaction the causes of action, claims and demands mentioned herein; that this Release contains the entire agreement between the parties; and that the terms of this Agreement are contractual and not merely a recital.
Furthermore, this Release shall be binding upon the undersigned, and his respective heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns. This Release shall be subject to and governed by the laws of the State of Illinois.
I grant to Mattix Music, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me, my family members, and my property in connection with music lessons and classes. I authorize Mattix Music, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Mattix Music may use such photographs of me without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
Mattix Music may use pictures of students to post on social media but never tags its students or mentions the name of any family members without explicit written permission.
This Release goes into effect upon registration for classes and lessons.