Welcome to Student Resources!
We’re glad you’re part of our studio family, and we want you to make the most of your Mattix Music experience.
On this page, you’ll find lots of useful information you’ll need.
- Sept 4: First day of lessons
- Nov 3: Studio Recital, 4:00-5:00pm
- Nov 20-25: Thanksgiving Break, no lessons
- Dec 15: Holiday Concert, 4:00-5:00pm – Annual holiday concert, open to the public, faculty and a limited number of students will perform. Send your audition video to Katie Mattix by Dec. 1st.
- Dec 16-22: Make-up lesson week
- Dec 23-Jan 6: Winter Break, no lessons
- Jan 26: Studio Recital, 4:00-5:00pm
- March 2: Studio Recital, 4:00-5:00pm
- March 17-31: Miss Sharon’s Spring Break, no lessons for her students
- March 24-31: Spring Break, no lessons
- April 27: Studio Recital, 4:00-5:00pm
- May 27: Memorial Day, no lessons
- June 3: Last day of lessons
- June 4-8: Make-up lesson week
- June 10: Summer lessons begin
Suzuki Group Classes
- Sept 15: 5:00-6:00pm Parent Orientation
- Sept 21
- Oct 19
- Nov 9
- Nov 30
- Dec 14
- Jan 11
- Jan 25
- Feb 8
- Feb 22
- Mar 8
- Apr 5
- Apr 26
- May 10: Musopoly Game Night – Kids vs. Parents
All recitals are held at 4:00-5:00pm at the Christian Reformed Church of Western Springs.
Students should practice bowing before and after their piece and wear dressy clothes. Plan on memorizing your music unless your teacher instructs otherwise.
Sign up for a recital no later than two weeks before each recital date:
- November 3, 2018
- December 15, 2018 (Send your holiday music audition video to Katie by December 1)
- January 26, 2019
- March 2, 2019
- April 27, 2019
Sign and bring to your first lesson.
Fill out and email to email@example.com at least 30 days before your last expected lesson.