Preparing for Online Group Piano Classes at Mattix Music Studio
Thank you for reading over our guidelines before your online group class. Even when classes are online, students are still able to learn, grow, have fun and make great progress.
Here are guidelines for how to prepare for your upcoming online class…
A caregiver must be present for the entire lesson to assist their child.
The caregiver will be the assistant for the child, helping them to understand what the teacher is asking, finding spots in the music, and moving the camera.
Your teacher will be using Zoom an easy and free app you can download on your device or use through a browser. You will receive an email inviting you to join a meeting with an ID and a password. We recommend downloading the app Zoom on your mobile device to make logging in and joining meetings easier. Watch their online tutorial videos for how to use the easy, free app. Join your meeting at your class time and your teacher and friends will join you for musical fun.
Setting up the home environment:
- Online classes should happen in a room without distractions or siblings.
- Turn off all external noises that may be heard like TVs, silence your cell phone, etc.
- Get all your lesson materials out ahead of time – instrument, music, notebook, pen/pencil, metronome, doo-dads to put on the piano keys, etc.
- Students may need help finding measure numbers or specific notes in their music that the teacher would normally point out. The parent will be the assistant to guide the student and help them understand what their teacher is asking.
- Set up your camera device and make sure that the view is correct according to the specifics in our piano post.
The same studio policies apply to online lessons as in-person classes. Thank you for your understanding and flexibility with adjusting to our online learning options.
You got this!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon for our next online piano class!
Don’t forget – your teacher is your greatest resource and biggest fan. Talk with him or her about any questions, recommendation, concerns or problems you’re experiencing.